Sunrise At Little Bit Farm

Sunrise At Little Bit Farm
THIS IS OUT AT OUR 30 ACRES! OUR FUTURE HOME! THANKS TO RANDI HALL FOR THE PIC!

Monday, August 20, 2012

So I must confess, I have an inexplicable attraction to little tiny houses! In fact, I just love the idea of a little cosy cottage, where I can curl up next to a warm fire with a good book! I have it in mind to build myself one, and I just can't get away from that notion. Currently there is a whole movement of other people who are just as enamored as I! In fact here is an interview with one lady who built the cutest cottage ever: Cutest Cottage Ever

Here is a pic of a little house my friend owns. Of course it is old and in very poor shape. However it's atmosphere is lovely!



  I guess I started having this dream when I was little, and was still building forts and playhouses! Except, I guess I just like the idea now of playing all the time! I just love tiny spaces, but more than that I love tiny prices:^) It is a lot less expensive to build a tiny house, and when you think about it why do we need all that space? For storage? We can store things in a shed. Actual living takes up very little space. A place to sleep,  eat, potty, and relax. We have become so enamored with space that we think that we need more to fill up the space, but maybe we really need less. Maybe we need less space, confusion, stuff, and most of all stress! Just pare it all down.

    Besides, it's surprising how much we can fit into a space when we simply work harder at it. A place for everything, and everything for it's place. Quite a few years ago we lived in an 18 foot trailer with a slide out for 6 weeks with four children while we looked for a house in a new location. At the end of it I was ready to move into something bigger, but more because we were living in a campground, which was not my own, than because the space was too small. Campgrounds are not great for permanent living with a family, too many strangers, and bizarre rules, having to use the campground phone(no cell phones in those days), and other peoples children. It was stressful. However, I knew even then that I could live that way on my own land easily, with some minor changes. One would have been a small separate bedroom for the children, just a tad more privacy:^) However, we got along. Things went well.

   Here is a link to an article on how to make things easier in a tiny space:  18-Brilliant-Storage-Ideas-For-Tiny-Homes

   Actually, in my future I dream of a barnyard surrounded by a collection of purposeful buildings. These buildings would include: My cottage, a hen house and yard, a barn, and a shop. Also included would be some other things lacking from our homesteads of today: A little library, a chapel, a root cellar, a spring house, a summer kitchen, a storage shed, a laundry, a milkhouse, and a piggery. And between all this, gardens of vegetables flowers and herbs. So basically, I want to go smaller, and bigger!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment