Sunrise At Little Bit Farm

Sunrise At Little Bit Farm
THIS IS OUT AT OUR 30 ACRES! OUR FUTURE HOME! THANKS TO RANDI HALL FOR THE PIC!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

     

      Happy New Year from Little Bit Farm!!! Things are going well around here, and it promises to be a joyful 2015 as our lives will be filled with weddings, new grandbabies, and all manner of exciting things! I am joyfully planning my new year!

      We have finally managed to get our pasture fence problems dealt with, and I am proud to say the goats have no choice but to stay in the pasture! So thankful for the help of my husband, sons, and daughter(yeah it took all of our labor) for that! This is major progress for protecting my future garden!!!

      I am so excited about spring! I have a bunch of new hens which should be laying. I have rabbits which I will start breeding ASAP! I am excited about a new gardening year, and I am planning to make it an effective one!  I have a new greenhouse which hopefully I will finish this weekend so I can get started on plant starting!

     I currently have vegetables growing in the house. I have pole beans blooming and almost topping their four foot support. I have peppers with babies, and blooms covering them. I have already harvested one pepper. I am harvesting mustard spinach greens. And I have a squash which should start blooming soon. I water, and walk by and shake the peppers and beans every day to insure pollination. When the squash starts blooming, I will be there with a paint brush to pollinate every bloom.


                                                                     Baby Pepper


                                                                   Mustard Spinach


                                                        More Baby Peppers and Blooms


                                                                           Squash

           
                                                                      Beans Blooming

                                                                     
                                                                     Beans Climbing

No comments:

Post a Comment